Please read the rules below to be aware of Covid-19 Marine Restrictions in Broward County.
FLPD Marine Unit COVID-19 Boating Safety
The Fort Lauderdale Police Department has received concerns regarding boaters who are not abiding by restrictions listed in the Broward County Administrator’s Emergency Order 20-21. In response to those concerns, the Fort Lauderdale Police Department Marine Unit will be increasing their enforcement efforts.
Some restrictions listed in this order are:
Launching | On-Water Activity
- Only one vessel per launch ramp at a time is permitted.
- No gathering of more than 10 people permitted at any time. This includes during launch into the water, on-water, and when removing vessel from water.
- Boats must remain at least fifty (50) feet apart at all times.
- All forms of rafting up of boats is strictly prohibited.
- Beaching, landing, or anchoring on sandbars, islands, or open shorelines is strictly prohibited.
- Various limitations on the maximum capacity of vessels (varies by size):
- 25′ or less: 4 adult passengers maximum (plus children). Maximum of 6 people on the boat.
- 26′ to 36′: 6 adult passengers maximum (plus children). Maximum of 8 people on the boat.